The awards recognize South Asian publishers that have delivered unique and original digital media projects in the last 12 months.
The last edition of the awards received more than 140 entries, a record jump of close to double the number of entries in the previous year.
The entries for this year’s awards are closing soon.
Four new categories have been announced this year – Best Digital Advertising Project, Best Trust Initiative, Best ePaper Concept, and Best Use of Short Form Video.
The ‘Best Digital Advertising Project’ acknowledges the rise of digital advertising in publishers’ revenue and the importance to deliver creative and effective campaigns to advertisers.
In this new category, innovative digital advertising projects and advertising using other digital formats will be evaluated.
Entries for the Best Digital Media Project will have a clear message, an effective social strategy, a strong brand voice, and effective targeting.
The categories for the 2022 edition are:
- Best News Website
- Best Use of Video
- Best Newsletter
- Best Data Visualization
- Best Digital Subscription Initiative
- Best Trust Initiative (new)
- Best Podcast
- Best in Audience Engagement
- Best ePaper Concept (new)
- Best Digital Advertising Project* (new)
- Best Special Project for COVID-19 / Pandemic Reporting*
- Best Use of Short Form Video* (new)
- Best Native Advertising / Sponsored Content Campaign*
- Champion Publisher of the Year*
The Gold winners from each category are nominated to compete in the World Awards. Participants can partake in more than one entry for a particular category. The award ceremony will be held during the Digital Media India 2023 Conference session.