The South Asian Digital Media Awards 2020 has added two new categories this year — Best Special Project for Covid-19 and Best Project for News Literacy.
Best Special Project for Covid19 — This category is open to publishers who have come up with special products or new sections addressing information needs during the Covid-19 pandemic. Entries should demonstrate how information gaps in society were addressed, innovative use of resources and smart planning to quickly meet the crisis’s challenges.
Best Project for News Literacy – Entries must comprise projects aimed at enhancing news literacy skills, promote critical thinking, and further the smart consumption of news. Projects that demonstrate strong evidence of success in engaging a specific audience or age group will be granted extra credit.
Entries for the South Asian Digital Media Awards 2020, organized by WAN IFRA, have been open from 01 August 2020 onwards. These awards recognize South Asian publishers who have delivered unique and original digital media projects in the last 12 months.
Full list of award categories
- Best News Website or Mobile Service
- Best in Lifestyle, Sports, Entertainment Website or
- Mobile Services
- Best Use of Online Video (including VR)
- Best Data Visualisation
- Best Paid Content Strategy (incl. pay wall, membership or crowdfunding models)
- Best Native Advertising / Branded Content Campaign
- Best Project for News Literacy – New
- Best in Audience Engagement
- Best Marketing Campaign for News Brand
- Best Special Project for COVID19 – New
The finalists will be announced on 30 November 2020, and winners will be officially announced at the Digital Media India 2021 Conference.
You can submit your project here https://wan-ifra.awardsplatform.com/