GM Offset invests in Komori Enthrone 429

Second Komori installation in six months

85
Komori
Govind Arora and Ritesh Goel of GM Offset with the Komori 426 press, which was installed in October 2016. Photo IPP

Six months after installing a Komori Enthrone 426 press, Patparganj-based GM Offset has invested in another brand new press—the Komori Enthrone 429. When we visited the company on 12 April 2017, the new press had just arrived and was being cranelifted into the plant. “The 30-inch Enthrone 429 press will help us cater to orders of bigger formats,” said Govind Arora, partner at GM Offset. “The time required for changeover between light and heavy stocks is also highly reduced in the press.” The installation of the press will be completed in the next 15 days, according to Arora.

Started in 2011, GM Offset installed its first brand new press, Komori Enthrone 426, in October 2016. In addition to the Komori, the company has two 4-color Dominant presses and a single-color Dominant press. In January 2017, the company added a Polar cutting machine to complement an already existing cutting machine from Polar. GM Offset has its own prepress unit, which houses an Amsky Ausetter CtCP. The company consumes around 150 plates daily—mostly TechNova plates. 

Speaking about the print market, Ritesh Goel, partner at GM Offset said, “There is no dearth of printing jobs in the market. All you need is the right kind of skills to market your capabilities and a good understanding of your customers’ needs.” The company is growing in double digits, according to Goel.

GM Offset provides its services to both the commercial printing and package printing markets, and prints about 10 lac sheets a month. “Now our production will be almost double after the Enthrone 429 press is operational,” said Arora. Over time, the company explored the packaging printing market as well and has been doing relatively well with packaging printing contributing significantly to the overall volume. “We started off as a commercial printer, but today we are into package printing as well. Over time, we have been highly successful in increasing our packaging printing volume, which now contributes about 70% of our total volume. The remaining 30% is commercial printing,” said Arora.

GM’s decision to invest in the second Komori was to provide better quality to customers as well as to take control of wastage. “Wastage poses a big challenge in our business. If you are able to handle it properly, it is like a battle half won. Whatever you save by reducing wastage, will eventually allow you to slowly build your bottom-line to provide more value to your customer while allowing you to earn an ethical, decent and justified margin,” shared Arora.

In 2024, we are looking at full recovery and growth-led investment in Indian printing

Indian Printer and Publisher founded in 1979 is the oldest B2B trade publication in the multi-platform and multi-channel IPPGroup. It created the category of privately owned B2B print magazines in the country. And by its diversification in packaging, (Packaging South Asia), food processing and packaging (IndiFoodBev) and health and medical supply chain and packaging (HealthTekPak), and its community activities in training, research, and conferences (Ipp Services, Training and Research) the organization continues to create platforms that demonstrate the need for quality information, data, technology insights and events.

India is a large and tough terrain and while its book publishing and commercial printing industry have recovered and are increasingly embracing digital print, the Indian newspaper industry continues to recover its credibility and circulation. The signage industry is also recovering and new technologies and audiences such as digital 3D additive printing, digital textiles, and industrial printing are coming onto our pages. Diversification is a fact of life for our readers and like them, we will also have to adapt with agility to keep up with their business and technical information needs.

India is one of the fastest growing economies in nominal and real terms – in a region poised for the highest change in year to year expenditure in printing equipment and consumables. Our 2024 media kit is ready, and it is the right time to take stock – to emphasize your visibility and relevance to your customers and turn potential markets into conversations.

– Naresh Khanna

Subscribe Now

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here