Onyx Graphics,a leader in providing wide-format software solutions, has announced the global availability of Onyx 22.5, the company’s newest version release of industry-leading wide-format RIP and print workflow software that was previewed with great acclaim at Fespa Global in Munich, Germany earlier this year.
Onyx 22.5 introduces Onyx Archive for effortless backup, search, restoration, and management of print jobs, and is connected directly to the main Onyx user interface as a standard feature for the entire portfolio of Onyx RIP and print workflow software solutions. “We’re thrilled to unveil Onyx 22.5 to the World,” said Matt Crawford, president and CEO of Onyx Graphics, Inc. “Whether you’re a small-scale operation or a global enterprise, this remarkable tool revolutionizes print production and will streamline workflows like never before.”
This latest release builds upon industry-leading Onyx 22 software that introduced new tools for easy, everyday automation and color output accuracy for any printer/media combination. In addition to Onyx Archive, Onyx 22.5 introduces a new user experience for faster setup and configuration of XY trimmers, Adobe PDF Print Engine (APPE 6.1), and new color updates for predictable output.
“Onyx 22.5 does more than bring new features to market,” said Jonathan Rogers, Senior manager of Global Marketing and Communications at Onyx Graphics. “This milestone release represents our unwavering commitment to pushing the boundaries of what is possible in wide-format printing.”
Highlights of Onyx 22.5 include:
- Onyx Archive to back up, search, and restore jobs for future use
- XY Trimmer updates for simpler workflows
- Adobe PDF Print Engine (APPE 6.1)
- New cutter device support for KALA, Ellerhold Poster-Cutter 2050, and Fotoba cloud barcodes
- New color device support for Nix Spectro 2, X-Rite eXact2, and Barbieri Textile
- Spot color replacement using the ONYX Color Reference Library
- Onyx Color Reference Library and cut paths now included in CorelDraw
- ColorCheck baseline tests for Media Manager
- Image controls for textile and wallpaper printing
- QR code scaling for dynamic print labels
The next version release of Onyx software is available now, covering the entire product portfolio of Onyx solutions, including Onyx Thrive print workflow software, Onyx Go, the company’s RIP software subscription, Onyx PosterShop, and Onyx RIPCenter RIP software. It will be available to all Onyx Advantage customers by requesting a product update, is included as part of Onyx Go subscriptions, and to all other customers through a license or subscription purchase.