RYOBI MHI Graphic Technology (RMGT, president, Katsushi Hirokawa) will exhibit at drupa 2020 at Messe Düsseldorf in Germany for 11 days from 16th to 26th June, 2020. Under the same theme as for IGAS 2018, “Assist your potential with technological expertise and constant innovation,” the exhibit will focus on the key words, “Visualization, Automation and Connection.” Centered on the B1-size RMGT 10 and A1-size RMGT 9 offset presses and their advanced automated functions, RMGT will present a vision of the printing company of the future where Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs), postpress processes, and other operations are all connected via the RMGT Press Information Cloud (PIC).
Hall 16, Booth C19 – C21
Exhibit Theme – Assist your potential with technological expertise and constant innovation
Through seamless integration of people, machinery and systems, RMGT’s smart factory of the future responds to accelerating market trends with an ideal production system that flexibly meets changing demand. The automated laborsaving presses of the future will enhance print quality and shorten make-ready times, utilizing IoT and cloud technologies for real-time visualization of press operating conditions. All equipment within a printing factory will be interconnected and AGVs will relieve operators of the repetitive workload of transporting paper and printed materials to the next process. RMGT’s automation and laborsaving technologies relieve operators from time-consuming and labor-intensive tasks and burdens, enabling printing companies to capitalize on their expertise and maximize their potential. RMGT’s vision is of a world where machines and technologies are designed around people for a higher level of creativity and efficiency.
Products to be exhibited
1. RMGT Press Information Cloud
By connecting the printing company’s main system with RMGT Press Information Edge (PIE) that serves as the press interface, PIC is able to understand and learn the content of each printing job to optimize the printing sequence and ink conversion curve, further expanding the benefits of automated operation. Utilizing the press operating conditions and productivity criteria, visualized by the PIC, printing companies can quickly implement a PDCA cycle to increase productivity.
2) RMGT 10 B1-size 8-color tandem perfector
The automation and laborsaving functions of the RMGT 10 series have evolved even further since IGAS 2018, enabling continuous high-grade color perfecting for commercial printing jobs.
• Tandem perfector + LED-UV curing systems for instant-dry one-pass perfecting
• PQS-D printing quality control systems for autonomous color management and automatic continuous job printing
• Parallel processing of make-ready tasks and Simul Changer fully automatic simultaneous plate changer for shorter make-ready time
• PIC and AGV connected operation for automated paper transfer
3) RMGT 9 A1-size 8-color convertible perfector
The RMGT 9, which achieved very high reputation on the market as compact and affordable A1-size offset presses, has been updated with a number of new functions for higher productivity. RMGT focused not only on operation of the press itself, but also on postpress processes facing serious labor shortages, automating workflow from printing to binding.
• A perfecting mechanism and compact LED-UV curing system for instant-dry one-pass 8-up perfecting of A4-size
• Data transfer from PQS-D printing quality control systems to postpress processes enable automatic discharge of defective sheets for enhanced quality assurance
• PIC and AGV connected operation with postpress processes for automatic printing and binding of A4-size pamphlets.
4) RMGT 9 A1-size 5-color offset press (with a coating unit)
RMGT introduced the world’s first LED-UV printing system in 2008, launching an “instant-dry revolution” in commercial printing that eliminated time wasting by ink dryness and cureness as well as powder problems, enabling a remarkable boost in productivity. RMGT’s drupa exhibit will include printing demonstrations of solutions to meet the needs for high-value-added printing and packaging printing.
• High-power LED-UV curing system for high-gloss LED-UV varnish coating
• Instant-dry & high value added printing with special LED inks and LED varnishes
5) Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs)
At IGAS 2018, RMGT demonstrated the printing industry’s first AGV for transporting paper and printed sheets to each subsequent process, leading to steady growth in the use of AGVs in the printing industry. By connecting the presses, AGVs, and postpress equipment all under the supervision of the PIC, RMGT is proposing automation and laborsaving solutions for the entire printing companies.
6) Smart Factory
RMGT also offers many other devices and systems for the smart factory of the future. We hope to welcome you to the RMGT booth, where you will have the opportunity to see and experience these innovations for yourself.