On 5 December 2018, FIPP’s Insight News presented the Native Advertising Trends 2018. This year has seen a dramatic increase in the financial importance of native advertising. For the third year in a row, the findings of the annual global study were presented in cooperation with the Native Advertising Institute covering native advertising trends in the magazine industry. This report will give you first-hand insights on the latest trends in native advertising and what you should be doing to stay ahead of the curve.
Download now: Native Advertising Trends 2018 – the Magazine Industry
On average, native made up 31% of overall advertising revenue for magazine publishers in 2017 — up from 21% in 2016. This has in turn lead to increased expectations among publishers for the 2018 results. 69% of magazine publishers expect that native will have driven more of their annual advertising revenue this year than last year, and they expect native to drive 46% of their total annual advertising revenue in three years. This is up from the 2017 three-year projection of 40%.
The research provides you with answers to:
- How magazine publishers view native advertising in general
- Budget expectations for native advertising in the magazine industry
- How publishers are organising around their native advertising efforts
- How the magazine publishers measure native advertising effectiveness
- Threats and opportunities according to magazine publishers
The findings in this report are based on answers from 150 magazine executives from 41 countries across the globe.