Line O Matic displays SHS 104S and Uno B104 at PrintPack

Line O Matic anticipates 25-30% growth

Nirav Parikh, general manager – marketing, Line O Matic

Line O Matic launched SHS 104S, an automatic reel-tosheet super high-speed ruling machine, at the recently concluded PrintPack exhibition. Nirav Parikh, general manager – marketing, Line O Matic said, “With high production, less maintenance and high-quality output, SHS 104 offers a competitive edge to our clients. With major up gradation in gear box and wires, the machine is also equipped with a digital system, which is an added advantage.” The speed of the machine is 300 m/min.

Another machines showcased at the event was the Uno B104, an exercise book binding machine. Earlier available in the market with pneumatic arrangements wherein customers required to buy air compressor, the machine now, as per consumer demands to cut recurring costs, comes with mechanical features. Parikh shared, “The machine attracted a lot of visitors to our stand and we have noticed the raise in demand of this machine by 75%. We also sold two SHS 104S and Uno B104 on the first day of the show.” 

In addition to the above, Line O Matic has introduced a Ream Wrapping Line for the paper converting industry to cater to the paper notebook market. Parikh said, “We have developed the Folio Size Ream Wrapping Machine that comprises of a feeding roller conveyor, scissor lifter and transverse table for feeding the stacked, sorted and marked sheets. Except for the manual feeding of sheets from the scissor lifter, all other operations like wrapper feeding and cutting, gluing, over-wrapping, side folding, labeling and stacking on pallet are automatic. In addition, we have introduced the Cut Size Ream Wrapping Machine, suitable for wrapping A4 and A3 size ISO and American paper. The machine is heavy-duty, fully automated and composed of infeed conveyor, wrapper roll unwinder unit, wrapper pulling and cutting unit, wrapper transport system, main wrapping unit, and outfeed conveyor.” 

Line O Matic exports 60% of its products to 58 countries including Africa, Middle East, Far East, Europe, Latin America, Central America and others, while the remaining 40% goes to the Indian market. Parikh shared, “We supply all our products directly from India and we have 40 technicians in-house who are constantly on the move to provide service support to our clients.” The company manufactures 85% of its mechanical components in-house and imports the rest from reputed brands based out of Germany.

Sharing the expansion plans of Line O Matic, Parikh said, “Currently, we have three plants in Ahmedabad which we are planning to accommodate in one unit with extended capacity. We also plan to introduce spiral capability and filler paper machine to our portfolio.” With five successful installations in Europe, the company is now focusing more on Europe as well as the US market.

With quality, consistency and after-sales service, the company has been able to install more than 3,000 machines worldwide. “With our customer-centric approach, we installed 250 machines in 2016 and considering the growing demand of the industry, we expect to grow by 25- 30% in this year,” informed Parikh.

In 2024, we are looking at full recovery and growth-led investment in Indian printing

Indian Printer and Publisher founded in 1979 is the oldest B2B trade publication in the multi-platform and multi-channel IPPGroup. It created the category of privately owned B2B print magazines in the country. And by its diversification in packaging, (Packaging South Asia), food processing and packaging (IndiFoodBev) and health and medical supply chain and packaging (HealthTekPak), and its community activities in training, research, and conferences (Ipp Services, Training and Research) the organization continues to create platforms that demonstrate the need for quality information, data, technology insights and events.

India is a large and tough terrain and while its book publishing and commercial printing industry have recovered and are increasingly embracing digital print, the Indian newspaper industry continues to recover its credibility and circulation. The signage industry is also recovering and new technologies and audiences such as digital 3D additive printing, digital textiles, and industrial printing are coming onto our pages. Diversification is a fact of life for our readers and like them, we will also have to adapt with agility to keep up with their business and technical information needs.

India is one of the fastest growing economies in nominal and real terms – in a region poised for the highest change in year to year expenditure in printing equipment and consumables. Our 2024 media kit is ready, and it is the right time to take stock – to emphasize your visibility and relevance to your customers and turn potential markets into conversations.

– Naresh Khanna

Subscribe Now


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here