On 8 June 2020, Fujifilm India announced the Indian launch of its new superwide format system, the Acuity Ultra. This UV-curable roll-to-roll printer uses Uvijet GS inks, solvent-free chemistry that is both fully emission compliant and approved by Greenguard.
Fujifilm India claims that the new printer is unlike anything currently available on the market. The Fujifilm Acuity Ultra provides increased size and quality to boost high-end interior graphics production profitability significantly. Built around Fujifilm’s solvent-free UV curable inkjet technologies, it offers near-photographic levels of image quality with tighter registration. Its higher production speeds up to 402 square meters an hour at a competitive price, are set to shake up the superwide format marketplace.
The Acuity Ultra represents the culmination of extensive market research to understand the needs of superwide format print producers and their challenges. Those same challenges, says Fujifilm India, are perfectly aligned with Indian PSPs looking to take their print business to the next level of quality and operational profitability.
According to SM Ramprasad, executive vice president at Fujifilm India, the Fujifilm Acuity Ultra is, “the perfect next step for the Indian wide-format digital print professional.”
Fujifilm Acuity Ultra – five key features:
- Performance & profitability: capable of print speeds up to 402 square meters an hour and offering unbeatable cost-in-use, the Acuity Ultra gives you the performance to profit from both interior and exterior applications with almost photographic print quality.
- Industrial build quality: engineered for reliable print production, all day, every day, in any environment. The Acuity Ultra UV roll-to-roll is claimed to be as ‘close to being the perfect’ superwide printer to meet the specific challenges of the Indian market.
- Use less ink on every print: developed in-house by Fujifilm specifically for the Acuity Ultra series, UVijet inks offer an impressively low cost-in-use. Its high-density colors and 3.5 picolitre drop size result in ink usage typically 20% lower than competing products.
- Greenguard certification: Fujifilm’s solvent-free and Greenguard-certified Uvijet inks meet some of the world’s most stringent emission standards. A safe UV ink will help printers win more business from brands that are committed to environmental standards.
- Security of a global brand: With a presence around the world and an engineering resource in every major city, a Fujifilm partnership gives you complete peace of mind. Fujifilm stands by our products and by our customers every step of the way.
Ramprasad addresses existing and potential customers, “The Fujifilm Acuity series has long been known for its quality and reliability and, by adding this superwide model to the range, we are offering our Indian customers a big step up in quality and productivity. If you have any further questions or wish to request sample prints to examine the quality for yourself, you are invited to contact an Acuity Ultra printer expert at our Fujifilm India office.”
Find out more about the Fujifilm Acuity Ultra superwide UV roll-to-roll printer, and download a free Acuity Ultra Book, by visiting the dedicated Fujifilm India website at www.acuityultra.in