Recently, Heidelberg released news detailing the precautions that must be taken during the lockdown period for Heidelberg postpress equipment.
▪ Disconnect the machine from the main power supply
▪ Remove the knife, clean with oil and keep it safely in the box to avoid rust
▪ Remove all the side covers and clean the machine with pressurized air to clear the dust
▪ Apply lubricant on the machine with a grease gun in all the nipples (around 15 nipples)
▪ Clean the cutting table area and apply WD40 and apply a thin film of oil to avoid rusting
▪ The clean area surrounding the equipment properly, clear the wastage bin as well
▪ Safeguard the machine from dust, rats/rodents with a protective covering
▪ Ensure that the machine is not switched on during lockdown, be ensured to check the power connections with an electrical expert before switching-on the machine.