The 2019 edition of WAN-IFRA’s South Asian Digital Media Awards (SDMA), recognizing excellence and best practices in innovation and digital publishing, is all set to begin from the month of September. The awards is open to all publishers in South Asia who have adopted digital media and mobile strategies as part of their total product offering to meet the major changes in news and information consumption patterns today.
The contest period which used to be in the month of June is moved to September this year, and is integrated with WAN-IFRA Digital Media India 2020 Conference planned for February. The winners will be awarded at the conference. A publisher can enter any number of entries of their work published from 30 October 2018 to 1 November 2019. The categories of the awards are:
- Best News Website or Mobile Service
- Best in Lifestyle, Sports, Entertainment Website or Mobile Services
- Best Use of Online Video (including VR)
- Best Data Visualization
- Best Paid Content Strategy (incl. pay wall, membership or crowd funding models)
- Best Native Advertising / Branded Content Campaign
- Best Digital News Start-ups
- Best in Social Media Engagement
- Best Marketing Campaign for News Brand
- Best Digital Project to Engage Younger and/or Millennial Audiences
The 2018 edition of the South Asian Digital Media Awards saw participation from 30 media organizations with 165 entries competing for awards under 10 different categories. The details of the awards and the winners (Hall of Fame) of the previous year are available online at www.wan-ifra.org/sdma.
WAN-IFRA presents the awards in South Asia, Asia, Middle East, Africa, Europe, Latin America and North America. The Gold award winners will subsequently compete for the World Digital Media Awards.