Bengaluru-based Ravi Graphics has been in the printing business for more than 28 years. Over these years, the company has grown by regularly adding printing and finishing technology and equipment. Today, like most of the growing printing businesses in the country, it is known for its consistent quality and timely delivery of print work and projects.
Operating out of 20,000 square feet of built-up space in Bengaluru’s Rajajinagar Industrial Estate, Ravi Graphics has built up a prestigious client base of leading businesses in the region. It generally enjoys good support from its suppliers, which is a key to efficient production these days.
VR Nath, partner at Ravi Graphics says, “With marketing and collateral taking center-stage, the overall demand for exceptional print products has increased over the years. At Ravi Graphics, we strive to meet these exceptional demands keeping the press running all the time.”
The company prints brochures, catalogs, books, calendars, cartons and labels for clients from the IT industry, media houses, educational institutions and publishers. Some of its clients include Wipro GE, Indian Institute of Science, Karnataka State Council for Science & Technology, Karnataka State Secondary Education Examination Board, Board, Eros Pharma, Brown & Burk Pharmaceuticals, Lalitha Kala Academy, Tata Tea, and Reliance Infocom.
“We also cater to personalized printing requests that come to us. Right from luxury items to bespoke units, we have the equipment to manage it all.” Claiming a very high rate of work from repeat customers, Nath says, “All this is possible only due to one factor: Quality. We deliver the most genuine and durable offset and printing solutions that make customers keep coming back to us for more.”
According to VR Bharath and VR Sharath, Nath’s sons and partners in the company, a fundamental reason for the success of the company is its strong professionalism. “We have an expert team of designers that helps us on the right way to design. We make every attempt to ensure that our final products do not suffer from any quality defects” says Bharath.
Bharath looks after the marketing division in the company while his brother Sharath takes care of the production. The company earns 90% of its turnover from commercial printing work while the remaining 10% comes from packaging. The unit houses a used Heidelberg SM 74 5-color UV press, a brand new Heidelberg SM 102 4-color press, a used Heidelberg SM 74 2-color press, a 2-color Mitsubishi perfector for publication work, a brand new Welbound 6-clamp perfect binding machine, a brand new Muller Martini for finishing work, Proteck programmatic cutting machine, two Polar cutting machines, a lamination machine and other ancillary equipment.
“Used machines are better for us in terms of viability. For printing books and brochures, we feel a brand new machine is not required. The Heidelberg machines we have are running extremely well although they were installed around 7-8 years back. We are very happy with the machines as well as the after-sales support that we have received from Heidelberg . . . That’s why we decided to go for a Heidelberg,” shares Nath.
Bag Factory promotes paper carry bags
Talking about the company’s expansion plans, Nath says, “Around 8 years back, we started a second unit in Machohalli Industrial Area, called Bag Factory, where we manufacture paper carry bags. This initiative was taken up by Bharath as a replacement for plastic carry bags. He was conscious of the adverse effects of plastics on our environment and wanted to do something about it. So, he came up with this idea of paper carry bags to cater to the garment manufacturing industry.”
“We believe in staying green and we do our bit for the society we live in. At Ravi Graphics, we ensure that our waste management systems are regularly maintained and that our operations do not cause any harm to the environment or the people staying around our units,” concludes Bharath.