The 5th edition of the Publishing Next Industry Awards have been announced and will be presented in 12 categories this year. The Awards, instituted in 2014, recognize the innovation and leadership of publishing professionals and others in the book trade in India and reward the talent, initiative, entrepreneurial zeal and untiring efforts of publishers – big, small, independent – that create books.
The Awards are open to publishing houses based in India, as also branches of international publishing houses, for their publishing programmes out of India. The last date for application is 15 May 2018. The winners of the Awards will be announced in September 2018.
The Publishing Next Industry Awards 2018 will be presented in the following twelve categories:
1. Book of the Year (English)
2. Book of the Year (Indian Languages)
3. Children’s Book of the Year (English)
4. Children’s Book of the Year (Indian Languages)
5. Illustrated Book of the Year (Coffee Table Books)
6. Book Cover of the Year (English)
7. Book Cover of the Year (Indian Languages)
8. Book Illustrator of the Year
9. Editor of the Year
10. Bookstore of the Year
11.Publisher of the Year (English, Indian Languages, General)
12.Publisher of the Year (English, Indian Languages, Children’s Literature)
If there are less than five valid submissions for any of the above categories, the organizers reserve the right to either cancel evaluation of that category, or evaluate the received submissions within another, related, category.